Friday, October 9, 2009

Sandakan Day 2, East Malaysia

With wifi down, I'm unable to post any pictures today but can post on this ancient desktop computer (free for guests)

Just as in Kota Kinabalu, there's a viewing platform on a hill from where you can see Laut Sulu (Sulu Sea), and have a bird's eye of the city of Sandakan (once the capital).

The weather has been fine.

Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary, a world famous conservation area for orang utan, will hold its first ever International Bird Race.

I'll be going there tomorrow to say Hi to my hairy cousins. Hope it doesn't rain.

Surprisingly, this is the durian season in Sabah. I saw a lorry loaded with durian outside my guesthouse. Definitely must try Sabah durian.

2 comments:

  1. Darn! I always wanted to see Sepilok Ape Centre! Remember to take some videos. I love orang-utans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there today. With the orang-utan being such an endangered species, the world should be grateful that Malaysia is playing a commendable role in ensuring their survival so that future generations will be able to still see them. Malaysia Boleh!

    ReplyDelete