Saturday, October 24, 2009

Road to Angkor Part 1, Siem Reap, Cambodia


I cycled on this lonely road to Angkor Wat, 5.5 km from town.

There are three ways to get to Angkor Wat  5.5 km from town.


Tuk-tuks in town

The most popular way is by tuk-tuk. I was the only crazy foreigner cycling to Angkor Wat. Westerners in tuk-tuks gave me pitiful looks as they roared past me, leaving me behind in a cloud of dust and exhaust fumes.#*!@


Barely 12 years old, and already a seasoned rider.

Or rent a motor-bike.



Hey, that's not me!

The best way in my view is to rent a bicycle for about US$3 a day. It was slow but it gave me the opportunity to observe the places and the Cambodians at close quarters. Besides, it was excellent exercise for me. Pay less, see more!

2 comments:

  1. Wah Roger, You are a daredevil. Just cycling along Angkor Wat. Admirable. Scenery must be beautiful. You got meet Uncle what?
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to it. Easy cycling even for you except that it was hot and humid. Never met any Uncle. But noticed an open area that had landmines.

    ReplyDelete