Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tokyo is a food paradise

Sorry to say this but while you suffer from the heat and humidity in Singapore/Malaysia and elsewhere, the weather in Tokyo is perfect for travelling with day time temperature of about 19 celcius! Even though I undertake marathon treks in this urban jungle, I never feel tired.

Tokyo is a food paradise for those who live to eat. There are cute little eateries in abundance. The only downside is that I have to pay double for the sort of Japanese food I get in Singapore.



8 comments:

  1. Excellent food, excellent weather, excellent company. Lucky Roger San.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find any EPs on Japanese 60s pop music please buy them for me. I promise to reimburse. They call them 60s J-Pop.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. So far I haven't seen any CD shop only bookshops. But makan shops all over the place.And of course, shopping malls and shopping malls! But things are not cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger,i found the simple steamed sweet potato sold along the roadside very nice especially after a long walk in the cool weather. Glad you are having a nice time pursuing your travelling passion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find it?

    You know, the Japanese on Okinawa attribute their longevity to their huge consumption of the humble sweet potato. Reading up about its health value has made me a convert too.

    Just makan angin saja i.e. my travels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget the sesame ice-cream. Found in Singapore too but the Japanese version is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pay double? It's OK :) You get authentic Japanese food!!!

    ReplyDelete